Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm Not, But I Guess I Am

I don't consider myself to be much of a graphic designer. I can do anything with a brush or pencil, but it's probably because of those abilities that I feel like I lack vision with software. With that said, I've always tried my best and, at times, have made some pretty cool stuff. I'm particularly proud of the invite I created this week for my 30th birthday party that's coming up next month. I had a theme in mind and tried to focus on the essence rather than a literal interpretation. I feel like this instance in particular called for this approach because I wanted to evoke a time and place. The only bit that didn't originate from me is the background which I pulled from one of at least twenty different google searches.


I blocked out some details because, c'mon people, it is the internet.

Also, I've been trying to put together a soundtrack for the party. Well, two soundtracks; a theme-following lounge-y one and an after party one that's more current. I've got tons of Cuban son and big band stuff for the former and stuff like The Naked and Famous and the Two Door Cinema Club for the latter. 

I love hosting events for other people, but not for myself--there's just too much pressure and no one else to blame if things go awry. I'll be posting more about the party this month and next so stay tuned for more of that.

-background photo for the invite courtesy of www.berea.edu-

No comments:

Post a Comment