Friday, July 26, 2013

Styling the New Apartment

I've been thinking about what the new place will look like with old and new things in it. One of my go-to shops is Ikea. They have great looking stuff at decent prices so I'm a big fan. Here are a few items I'm viewing as inspiration and possible future purchases. We already have some carefully selected items that I've found in an assortment of places. The inspiration is meant to keep me in the right direction. We really like furniture and accessories that are comfortable, functional and stylish. In that order. With that said, here's the list:

I love the traditional shape of this chair and would mix it up by using playful patterns and colors like the throw and cushions below.

Not too bright, not too dull. Just right for a throw.

 Such a fun color to contrast the ultra mature chair and couch colors. I would stain the legs to match the coffee table and TV stand just to keep some unity somewhere.

Love this mod pattern.

A great basic in a masculine shape and color. Hopefully, it's comfy when we go try it out.

Love, love bold colors.

Cute fabric to make cushions out of. I love cushions. My boyfriend has learned this the hard way.

A pretty basic solid wood coffee table with clean lines. We have a dining/living room combo and this piece is from the same line as our dining room table. I'm big on matching feet. My only exception in this post is the chair. It's too cool for me to care about the feet.

Fun rug to spice things up even more! You can probably tell by now that I'm not afraid of color.

This TV stand is also pretty basic and is also the same line as the dining table (Hemnes). Unity, people. Unity.

The packing starts tomorrow, but not before brunch at a place down the street from our new place called Route 9. Hope it's good!

-all photos courtesy of www.ikea.com-

No comments:

Post a Comment